Celebrate July 4th on the road in style and get some information on the best eats, fireworks and more.
We suggest these 5 tips for celebrating the Fourth-trucker style. Here we go:
1. Foremost: Stay Cool and Hydrated
There are several ways to get burned out from heat exhaustion, from physical activity to lack of water. It’s easy to get carried away with all the festivities even if you’re on the road and not at home. Hydration is very important so we’re offering these cool tips:
- Drink Water
- Consume water-rich foods, for example, bell peppers, cucumbers, watermelon and so on
- Stop or pull over if you feel dizzy: it’s a common sign of a dehydration
- Sports drinks like Gatorade help replenish those electrolytes we sweat away
2. Be Aware of Cargo Thieves
The FBI has an incident report form available online if you are a victim or a witness to cargo theft. It will help you get through the process and better alert the officials.
Check out top 5 Cargo Theft States:
Also, check out these noteworthy thefts from previous July 4th Weekends:
- $3,500,000 theft of electronics from Los Angeles, CA
- $2,000,000 theft of electronics from an airport in Miami, FL
- $1,300,000 theft of apparel and accessories from a truck stop in Newport, TN
- $495,000 theft of electronics from a warehouse/dc in Medley, FL
- $300,000 theft of electronics from a warehouse/dc in Doral, FL
|Top Targeted Theft Locations:
||Top Targeted Commodities:
|Day of the Week:
|Total Loss Value: $10,788,572
Average Loss Value: $291,583
This information is from the last 3 years.
3. Enjoy the Fireworks
Everyone loves the colorful fireworks from up above. What began as a simplistic solution of saltpeter, sulfur, and charcoal has now turned into a full-fledged advanced system with over 15 different kinds to choose from and many sound combinations. It’s always a great time to enjoy them. But where?
4. Grill Everything
The best way to celebrate any holiday almost always includes a grill. Whether you’re doing it gas or charcoal style – everyone appreciates the savory smoked flavor that your special sauces are covering. But if you’re looking for a twist this Fourth then try Bobby Flay’s Philly Burger recipe. Yum!
Wait, are you on the road and unable to cause a fire hazard by grilling in your camper? No worries… There is Guy Fieri’s roadmap to the best road eats across the country. Also, you can get that special charred food we love so much this Fourth.
5. And Finally: Listen to Music
In 1776 some of the first public readings of the Declaration of Independence were applauded with
loud bells and musical bands. Today music has become such a deep part of the historic holiday that Spotify has a chart showing the top 4th of July songs in every 50 states.